It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: What DO the Horses and Critters Say???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:11 pm 

Well, hi, Everyone!
I had a HUGE adventure today! My mom Dance and I went WAY far away in the moving white box! I didn't really want to get in, but the oats smelled delicious. So I jumped in, and the cowboy shut the doors. We stood while the box moved in strange directions and weird noises came in through the windows. I was a little afraid, but mama said it's best to just stand still, and our Best People will take us out when it stops. She said she was going to be very annoyed if there were trees and dirt paths when we got out instead of a nice arena with stalls for a show. I didn't know anything about either of them, since that was the first time I'd gone anywhere in the moving white box since I was a baby.
It wasn't either of those. There was a barn, and my mom, my Best Person and my mom's Best Person were there. Mom was tied not far from me, and they put me into a teeny thing like a stall with no walls, only a bar on the sides. Some other ladies joined us and were talking about a laser machine, not wanting to sedate me if they didn't have to (whatever that is), and the little crusty bump on my leg. My Best Person and Mom's held my halter, scratched my neck, and talked quietly to me. They said I needed to stay still, so I did. One of the strange ladies pricked my leg with a needle, way down by my hoof, and I didn't move even a tiny bit. She said I was SO good she didn't have to sedate me at all. She knelt on the floor right by my leg for a long time, and I never moved it even when an icky, burny smell came up from there. They were very surprised at how good I was. Don’t they know that I’m Kisses, the Most Cooperative Horse at Raindance? My Best Person and Mama's Best Person were so proud of me! When it was done my mama went back into the white box. I didn’t like that, and then they wanted me to get in, too. I didn’t want to go in, so my Best Person put one of my legs up, and before I knew it, I went in. Well, I did rear up once when my Best Person gave me a whack on my rump.
On the way home we went over something really bumpy with water underneath it—the sign said something about Oliver? The whole top of it was rumbling and making terrible noises: even Mama was afraid it was going to fall over on us! We finally veered a bit to the right, and that made the terrible shaking and noises stop. When we got home Mama went to tell her girlfriends about the trip, and after My Best Person put stuff on my leg I went back out. Legend and Sunny were very impressed: Sunny spent a long time in a big moving box to get here, but neither one of them had flesh burned off their leg! Mostly, there’s no place like home. Whew!
We horses have been hearing the Humans talk about the big BBQ coming up. We had so much fun last year, and can’t WAIT to see all of you again! Sunny is very excited to meet y’all, as he says it. I think that’s our next Big Adventure, and we don’t even have to get into the moving box for it!
Have a nice day, Everyone!
Love,
Kisses xo The Most Cooperative Horse at Raindance

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Thank you note from Ricco. (He doesnt spell so good)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 am 

You are indeed the most cooperative horse at RD, and you deserve kisses. I hope your leg gets better soon.

I'm going to look up my horse cookie recipe for the BBQ. Maybe you'll get an extra one!

xxx

Your friend, Colleen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:52 am 

It is sure nice to hear from you Kisses. I miss when the horses post on the forum. I am proud you were such a good girl! It was nice your mom could ride along with you so you would not be afraid. Your mom rides in the white box quite a bit, doesn't she?
You have alot of people who are very excited to see all of you at the bbq too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 pm 

Kisses I am going to come and see you sometime on Monday or Tuesday. Most likely Monday though. I will tell you some stories about the bumpy noisy thing over water in Oliver. It sometimes still scares me to go over it. Tell everyone hi for me, I am bringing my side kick with me and my favorite Noah to come and see you guys. My side kick has never been to a farm before in her life. It should be fun!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:36 am 

It is mightily cold 'round here. Ah'm thankful to have a really warm coat to wear an' good folks to keep an eye on me. This frigid snap must mean spring is on it's way, huh? We NEVAH were this cold in Loo-zi-annah!!

Ah like livin' here: ah am the Colonel of mah field, an' ah get de-licious grain every day! Mah Best Person checks for ice on my front feet an' brushes me while I eat, an' other folks talk with me when they ah here, too. Sure am lookin' forward to spring!

Merry Christmas, Everyone--hope y'all have lots of hay, good, warm coats and de-licious grain, too!

Golden Boy's Sunshine, the Southern Gentleman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 am 

Merry Christmas to you, too, handsome! I am happy that you have found the North to be a congenial home.

Colleen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:19 am 

Hay Sunny, I'm afraid down south here isn't much better weatherwise. 42 degrees, feels like 33, 20 mph winds, it's sunny though. Haven't checked Louisiana temps.

Remembering Windchill 5.28.07-2.29.08
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:11 pm 

Merry Christmas Sunny! 'Fraid winter is going to last a little longer than you think. You will be just fine, though. Your people will make sure you are warm and well fed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:22 pm 

Sunny I've seen pictures of your new home you will be going to, you will love it so much!!

Remembering Windchill 5.28.07-2.29.08
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm 

Well, HELLO...a BIG shout-out to all my old friends here! Who all is still around? My goodness, I FINALLY got the chance to get back here when the Blue-Meals-On-Wheels Worker Man left his phone in the barn. It took me awhile to figure out how to use it, but I trust all my old friends remember that I am, not meaning to brag, VERY skillful with my mouth.

SO much has happened! Sunny and a big brown girl from the mare field left where we used to live, and a couple of months later I did, too. I didn't know this, but they moved to my Best Person and the B.M.O.W Worker Man's new farm. I joined them a couple of months later, and it had been decided that MaryAnn was Sunny's boss. Something about embarrassing himself trying to be cool for a pretty little filly from across the road named Dottie? When I joined them I wasn't sure what to expect. Sunny was, of course, still my Colonel, but I'd never met the big brown girl. "Hi, Dance, I'm MaryAnn. Love your new hair color!" Dance? That's my Mama, Executive Director of the Mare Field where I used to live, and where MaryAnn lived. Well, my white parts are exactly like my Mama's, but her brown parts are black on me. I've been told I act and move very much like her. But MaryAnn was very respectful and polite--she didn't try to boss me at all. I figured what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, so I became her boss, a position I like very much. We each had a boss and someone to boss. Perfect! :lol:

We have big bedrooms where we get lots of hay, delicious grain, apples & carrots every night when we come in, and we also get brushed and our feet cleaned every night. The help nicely cleans our rooms each morning while we go out to eat grass in big fields in the summer, and now when it's getting to be winter we have all the hay we want. It's in a weird little house with 8 big windows, and there's a a black string thing over the hay. We have to work hard to get it out bit by bit, but there's lots in there so it keeps us very busy.

A wonderful thing happened last winter--a new BFF for me came to live with us! Her name is Belle (She's a Belle Star), and we hang out together a lot. Awhile after that a very nice little guy named Spanky moved in--he must have a terrific colorist, because he seriously changes color all the time! Sometimes he's very dark brown, sometimes he's gray with white stars stripes on his legs and down his back, and sometimes he's almost white. Most of all, he has a silver, gray, and white mane and tail to DIE for--they are SOOO long and thick! My Best Person said he was lonely, though, so last summer a really little brown guy with a mostly blond tail and mane came to live with him, and they are super BFFs. I thought he was a baby, and I'm afraid I rather offended him when I asked him how old he is. He said he's 6, only 1 year younger than I am! They are very nice boys, and when we run, they do, too, in their paddock next to ours. We also have 3 kitties who I always say "hello" to when they come out by us.

My lips are very tired from working this phone, and besides, enough about us. WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS OUT THERE??? I miss you all terribly, so PLEASE give us a shout-out back, and catch us up on what you're doing!! Love you all, let's get caught up here and stay in touch again!

Love from Kisses xo, the most cooperative horse @ Niemi's Valley Brook Farm

Profile E-mail  

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]